Thursday, November 26, 2015

Bag of Chicken (2010)


Written On A Bag of Chicken

There will come a time when I can not hear
your voice, or
my favorite music.

And a time when I will no longer see
your face, or
my favorite views.

And there will come a time when I realize
that the two are
but one and the same.

Note: I write poetry and short verse on just about anything. Most of it gets trashed shortly after the writing. But this one survived. It was written in 2010 outside a fried chicken place in Cornelius, NC. At the time I wasn't sure if I was going to see 2011- never mind 2015! So, this was written for Sue.

I have reworked the poem by removing two words and bringing the meter into line throughout. It's 10/9 all the way through now without the burdensome extra words. Hey, I wrote it on a bag of chicken. You should see the one called "Written on a Bag of Chicken at 60 MPH!" It's a quick one.

2 comments: