Monday, December 30, 2013

"Singing In the Rain" - Debbie Reynolds,


This is one of those films which I watch a couple of times each year. And one of those times is usually around New Years. It's a habit of mine to stay up a bit later than anyone else on New Year's Eve/early morning. I especially enjoy watching a musical, all alone while the rest of the world sleeps.

In this number, "Good Morning", from the classic film "Singing In the Rain", Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds and Donald O'Connor celebrate the wee hours in riotous fashion. The late night hours have spawned a solution to a very perplexing problem for the trio and they kick out all the stops in celebration.

Obviously I won't be watching this one tomorrow night, having just watched it. But, you can be sure that I will be sitting; wide eyed; and watching an old musical tomorrow night/New Year's morning around 2 AM. I have no explanation; it's just something I do. "Gee, it's great to stay up late..."

No comments:

Post a Comment